Sunday, April 24, 2011

We're Almost There!!!

Well, it's about that time...
The time when films are done!!
Films are officially due tomorrow, and I'll be going to school early in the morning before class to submit mine.
I hope that all my friends and classmates are finishing theirs up.
Especially the first years. Our first year films have been quite the journey and we should all be really proud of ourselves.
It's definitely one of the longest and challenging projects that I have ever had to work on in my life.
Good luck everyone! We're almost there!!!


And now for a little ramble...
I was convinced that I wanted to be a story artist for a few years before I came to CalArts.
But after all this time at CalArts, I have come to love animation.
I still love story as well, but being at CalArts has made me realize that no matter what practice we're in
whether it's visual development, character design, 3D modeling... anything
there's a story behind ALL of it and everything.
So no matter what practice we take on, we're working with story anyways!

I have a lot to do over the summer! Animating... drawing...telling stories...
Everyone's blog has been pretty quiet during films... mine too :P
Anyways, I just ultimately want to say how lucky I am to be a part of CalArts and I can't wait to be a second year!

I'm posting a little drawing that I did for my perspective class a while ago.
I've really been enjoying the assignments in perspective because we have the freedom to draw whatever we want as long as it follows a few guidelines.
There are a few other assignments that I did for the class that I want to turn into little digital paintings.
I'll post the others when I get them back.
But I hope they all tell a story in their own way.



2 comments:

  1. it's so interesting how people's interests change so commonly here, isn't it? People are surprised at what they turn out really enjoying! I remember being TERRIFIED at the thought of doing storyboards my first year and was convinced that I would only ever be happy doing visual development/character design....now I really can't see myself enjoying anything BUT storyboarding haha

    Tammy, I can't wait to see your film! :DD from what I can see so far it looks FANTASTIC! (Great title, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah!
    I'm glad you found your interest!
    I can go to you for storyboard advice then :)
    (And I love your character designs too)
    I can't wait to see your vampire with the little red umbrella animated!

    ReplyDelete